Nashville, TN – Earlier this month, members of the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO) held a productive and transformative meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. During the meeting, member organizations recommitted their support to the mission of NALFO and established a NALFO Commission, which will be responsible for strategic items of the organization in 2015.
Commissions, such as the NALFO Commission, have historically been employed by organizations in times of planning and change. Five NALFO Leaders lead the Commission:
- Commissioner of Operations – Maria L. Diaz (email@example.com)
- Commissioner of Member Services – Francisco Lugo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner of Communications – Mary González (email@example.com)
- Commissioner of Finance – Anaka Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner of Restructure – Michelle Maday (email@example.com)
Maria Diaz, Commissioner of Operations, said:
For over a decade, NALFO has been instrumental in promoting and supporting Latina/o fraternal organizations across the country. This is an incredibly exciting time for our organization and I am proud to join the Commission as we work to continue this legacy.
Commissioners are charged with implementing an infrastructure capable of adapting and evolving to meet the needs of our growing member organizations. The Commission will be in place for one year in order to identify strategic opportunities for the organization moving forward.
For more information, contact Mary González at firstname.lastname@example.org.